Beyond the AED Plus
In 2002, ZOLL® launched the AED Plus® defibrillator with Real CPR Help® real-time CPR Feedback to let rescuers know, for the first time ever, when they are doing high-quality CPR. Today more than half a million AED Plus automated external defibrillators (AEDs) are empowering rescuers around the world with the best support when treating a victim of cardiac arrest. Introducing a new defibrillation platform from ZOLL that builds on our reputation for providing rescuers with unmatched support plus a low total cost of ownership: The ZOLL AED 3™.
WiFi-enabled Program Management Onboard
Lives are not saved by AEDs alone. People save lives using an AED, and saving lives requires confident rescuers using an AED that has a working battery and pads that have not expired. Real CPR Help instils confidence by guiding rescuers’ compressions to the right rate and depth. Program Management Onboard™ instils further confidence by ensuring your AED is ready to go when needed. Register your AED 3 online with ZOLL’s PlusTrac™ AED Program Management System via computer or mobile device. Then easily link your AED 3 to your local WiFi. Now that your AED 3 is cloud-connected, Program Management Onboard regularly reports current status to PlusTrac as part of every automatic self-test.If your AED 3 ever detects a failure, or even fails to report on time, PlusTrac lets you know immediately via e-mail. AED users can now experience continuous worry-free AED readiness in a single solution. No need for people to inspect and report status. Only with the AED 3, there is no extra hardware or software purchase required. And at no cost for the first full year.
Log in to PlusTrac for current AED status, including expiry
dates for the battery and pads, tracking the training of
your rescuers and scheduling e-mail reports that are sent
on a regular basis.
The latest Guidelines from resuscitation councils worldwide are clear: successful defibrillation must be supported with high-quality CPR. The AED’s first heart analysis is critical. If it calls for no shock, only high-quality CPR can lead to a shockable rhythm on the next heart analysis. If the first analysis does call for a shock, once it’s delivered, the stunned heart desperately needs blood as it tries to reorganise and regain its natural beat. Only high-quality CPR can supply a struggling heart with the oxygenated blood needed to restore a normal rhythm.
Knowledge Is Power
But what is high-quality CPR? The ERC Guidelines call for chest compressions at a rate of at least 100 per minute at a depth of at least 5 cm. So how can rescuers know when they are in compliance? They should not have to guess. They should know, and that knowledge may well give them the power to save a life. Only an AED that provides real-time CPR feedback for rate and depth of compressions can deliver the best support to save a life.
The CPR hand-placement landmark senses your
chest compressions and lets the AED 3 see the
depth of each compression.
Professional Technology for Everyone
Like the AED Plus that preceded it, and all of ZOLL’s professional defibrillators, the AED 3 is equipped with Real CPR Help technology to help lay rescuers perform high-quality CPR. The sensor in the pads lets the AED see your chest compressions so it can guide you to the proper rate and depth with prompts and an on-screen bar gauge.
How It Works
- The CPR Uni-padz™ Electrodes sense and report the motion of rescuers’ chest compressions to the AED 3.
- During an adult rescue, audio and text prompts let rescuers know when to “Push harder” and when they are doing “Good compressions.”
- The compression depth bar gauge shows rescuers the depth of each compression in real time.
- The metronome detects compressions and encourages rescuers to compress at a rate of at least 100 compressions per minute.
Sooner Is Better
At 8 seconds with a fresh battery, the AED 3 is among the fastest at delivering a shock after chest compressions stop.* Research shows that minimising time to shock after the CPR cycle ends may improve survival.4 The 2015 ERC Guidelines note, “The delay between stopping chest compressions and delivery of the shock (the pre-shock pause) must be kept to an absolute minimum; [any] delay will reduce the chances of the shock being successful.”5
Leading Technology. Reasonable Cost.
Once installed, the AED 3 costs significantly less than almost any other AED to maintain. Because the CPR Uni-padz can defibrillate both children and adults, there are no special pads to buy and regularly replace to be ready to rescue a child. And because the CPR Uni-padz and the battery both last five years, replacing disposables is easier and less expensive over time. Longer lasting, fewer replacements, lower costs. No other AED’s paediatric pads last 5 years. No other AED lets rescuers rescue a child at the push of a button, and replace pads and battery only once in the first 10 years of service.
The AED 3 Automatic delivers the shock automatically after a three-second countdown.
No need to push the Shock button.
Ready for Tomorrow
The AED 3 is easy to use, easy to maintain and reliable because it has the latest technology onboard.
- You can reconfigure it, upgrade software to the latest Guidelines, and download event data files easily using the interactive touchscreen and onboard USB port.
- Orient it the way you need it in a rescue: lay it flat like most AEDs, or stand it upright for the same easy viewing available in most professional defibrillators.
- Use it in two successive rescues and retain both event data files for later download.
- Activate multiple languages.
- Rely on its ruggedness. The AED 3 passes the one-meter drop test and has an IP55 rating for dust and water ingress.
- Choose which shock technology is right for your rescuers: the standard AED 3 semiautomatic model for rescuers who want to control shock delivery, or the AED 3 Automatic model for automatic shock delivery after a three-second countdown.
The AED 3 battery lasts up to 5 years, regularly reports its status to
Programme Management Onboard and can be easily assessed from
the touchscreen in Management Mode.
Pre-connected CPR Uni-padz are ready for rescue with
simple pull tabs and a pair of scissors for fast electrode placement.
Plug a memory stick into the USB port to download rescue event data,
upload a new configuration or upgrade software.
Heard from Your AED Lately?
Every AED programme manager lives with the fear an AED may not be ready when needed. The battery may lack power. Pads might be expired. Electronic components might fail. Did my AED pass the last self-test? Can you ever know an AED is ready to rescue? Until now, having someone regularly check and report the status of every AED has been the typical solution. The AED 3 redefines how you manage your AED with ZOLL’s exclusive Program Management Onboard.
The Cloud Changes Everything
Programme managers can now use their local WiFi network to remain permanently cloud-connected to the ZOLL PlusTrac AED Programme Management System. If your AED 3 ever fails a self-test, it will let you know immediately by email. Let the AED 3 do all the worrying, while you enjoy worry-free readiness.
Configure the AED 3 to link with PlusTrac in the cloud
after every automatic self-test. Get an immediate email
for a failed or overdue self-test, along with daily or
weekly status reports.
Even Better Support During a Rescue
The AED 3 takes the best support for rescuers during a rescue to the next level with:
- Real CPR Help that can see your chest compressions during CPR to let you know when you’re doing high-quality CPR.
- Shock delivery 8 seconds after stopping CPR for a more effective shock.*
- Constant metronome at a rate of at least 100 compressions per minute to comply with the latest Guidelines.
- Universal CPR Uni-padz for push-button selection of Child rescue using the Child button on the front of the AED 3.
- Scissors attached to CPR Uni-padz for easy removal of clothing.
- Dual orientation (upright or flat) for the best visibility in a rescue.
- On-screen CPR cycle countdown timer to let you know time remaining in this cycle.
- On-screen display of elapsed rescue time and number of shocks delivered for critical information that EMS personnel will need to know on arrival.
- Rescue accessory pack containing non-latex gloves, barrier mask, razor, paper towel and towelette.
- High-resolution full-colour graphic images and text accompany all audio prompts for easy understanding of what to do next.
* On the AED 3 automatic, the pre-shock pause time is 5 seconds longer due to warning to stand clear of patient and shock countdown before delivery.
1 Weisfeldt ML, et al. J Am Coll Cardiol.2010;55(16):1713–20.
2 ERC Guidelines for Resuscitation 2015. Resuscitation. 2015;95:83.
4 Snyder DE, et al. Crit Care Med. 2004;32(9) Supplement:S421-S424.
5 ERC Guidelines for Resuscitation 2015. Resuscitation. 2015;95:20.
6 Drezner JA, et al. Br J Sports Med. 2013;47:1179–1183.
Wall Cabinet for ZOLL AED 3 available separately, click here to find out more
ZOLL AED Product Selection Guide
ZOLL AED Product Selection Guide
ZOLL AED 3 Brochure - Even Better Support For Rescuers
ZOLL AED 3 Brochure
ZOLL AED 3 Semiauto Spec Sheet
ZOLL AED 3 Semiauto Spec Sheet
PlusTrac Brochure International English
Getting to High Quality CPR