The Fibrelight Emergency Ladder is a strong durable device in use across the world on merchant ships, offshore support vessels, navy warships, super yachts and on land in overhead cranes.
The ladder has been designed for use in emergencies, it can be carried and then deployed by a single person in less than a minute, as it is both lightweight and straightforward to use.
- SOLAS approved
- MCA accepted
- Can be loaded in either direction
- No annual servicing required
- 3 years manufacturers warranty
The ladder is a standard width of 600mm and is produced in lengths of 2 - 30metres, in either Orange or Black. The ladder contains no metal parts and therefore is suitable for deployment on vessels or platforms with fire risks. A 30-metre ladder weighs less than 30 kilograms. With a natural step action the double rung ladder is considerably easier and safer to use. The ladder is both faster to climb and more importantly to descend than a single rung ladder.
- Diameter: 600mm
- Lengths: 2m up to 30m
- Weight: 0.9 kg per metre
- Safe working load is 900 kgs
The ladders are constructed using carbon fibre rods enclosed in flanged tubular webbing. When the webbing tubes are fitted and sewn at right angles between the double thickness pockets of a second webbing, an incredibly strong structure is created. In this way the rod is fully supported within the vertical members of the ladder.
ISO 799 strength test, as part of the SOLAS approval programme required successive rungs to be loaded to over 900kgs and sustained for one minute without failure. The ladder construction has also been tested and approved for thermal ageing, weathering, UV light, oil resistance and practical performance.
Recommended length for a vessel is to equal the Freeboard height plus 20% to allow for listing.
SOLAS Chapter III, 31.1.4 & MSC.1/Circ. 1243 requires that all cargo ships with more than 100m from stem or stern to the closest survival craft is required to carry remote life rafts and a means of disembarkation enabling descent to the water in a controlled manner. The use of a knotted rope is no longer approved.
The following additional extras are offered for sale separately:
- ATTACHMENT SLING: to convert the ladder from 3-point linkage to 2 or 1-point linkage
- STAND OFF’S: to bring the ladder away from a flat side
- BALLAST RUNGS: to offer stability in strong winds
- SPREADER BAR: to offer the ladder to be supported between a doorway or window
- JO BIRD CHEST: a bespoke storage cabinet for longer ladders
- LOOP-THROUGH BAG: a weatherproof carrier for shorter ladders