The Fibrelight Self Recovery Ladder is kept in a burst-zip bag which is permanently attached to the side of the vessel.
An adjustable cord allows the ladder to be pulled from the bag by a user who has fallen overboard, the bottom of the ladder falls into the water and the casualty can climb back into the vessel without any further assistance.
The ladder has been designed for use by a single person and can be deployed in seconds.
The ladder has a width of 600mm and is manufactured in half metre lengths from 1-3 metres.
The ladder has no mechanical moving parts and as such requires no maintenance other than visual inspections.
The rungs are made of GRP although the bottom rung is made of stainless steel in order that the ladder sinks to a level in line with the user’s foot.
The white self-recovery ladder has been developed for super yachts.
- No annual servicing required
- 3 years manufacturers warranty
The Fibrelight Self Recovery Ladders are constructed using GRP rods enclosed in flanged tubular webbing which together create an incredibly strong structure.
The ladders exceed the ISO 799 strength test which is part of the SOLAS approval programme.
The Fibrelight Self Recovery Ladder has been successfully tested for thermal ageing, weathering, UV light and oil resistance.
- Diameter: 0.6m
- Length: 1m to 3m
- Weight: 0.9 kg per metre
- Safe working load is 600 kgs
Patents / Certificates:
UK Patent GB2451127
European Patent 2178743
US Patent 8905803.
Certificate of Design Registration (IPO) 4028065
SOLAS Certificate number SAS S120038
The following additional extras are offered for sale separately:
- ATTACHMENT SLING: to convert the ladder from 3-point linkage to 2 or 1-point linkage
- STAND OFF’S: to create space between the ladder and the side of the vessel
- LOOP-THROUGH BAG: a weatherproof carrier for shorter ladders; to protect and safely store a shorter ladder in its position of use